Denk & Roche takes safety seriously. It's good for our people and it's good for our business. Over the years, we have continued to improve our safety ratings to become #1 in safety among Chicagoland's major carpenter contractors. Because we are self-insured, it makes business sense to ensure that our job sites and our people are as safe as possible. Here are some ways we have become #1 in safety:
- Our outside safety consultant conducts monthly safety audits on our job sites throughout the Chicagoland area.
- We are the only company that requires all employees to take a 3-hour safety training course conducted by Assurance Safety Consulting when they are hired and retrain them every three years.
- Our foremen conduct weekly job-site meetings with our employees to go over safety issues and practices. Our crew leaders hold daily safety meetings.
- Our safety coordinators, foreman and superintendants do daily, weekly and monthly safety audits.
- Extensive post-accident drug/alcohol testing program.
- Employees can earn safety apparel on an individual basis and earn safety breakfasts and lunches as a group, per job site.
As part of our monthly safety audit, our outside consultant completes a scored survey reflecting comments and recommendations in these areas:
- Tool Box Talks
- First Aid Kit
- Electrical Equipment
- Fall Protection
- Ladders / Scaffolding
- Personal protection equipment
- Forklifts and Cranes
- Pneumatic equipment